Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Driving with the windows rolled down

Thanks to Sunny of Simplicity by Sunny whose blog I've been devouring, for a wonderful post a while ago on living life with your senses... well worth a visit and a read ...

For me, it really made me think- about what I want to experience and what I enjoy experiencing right now that I might just want to make more time for:

There are the almost stereotypical ones that are probably stereotypical for a good reason:

- I love the feeling of hugging, cuddling, kissing and tickling my kids...
- I love the feeling of taking that extra moment to hug my hubby
- I love the feeling of knowing that my listening and being there has helped a friend...

I also love
- the feeling of sweating in a Moksha yoga class, and then feeling my whole body dissolve at the end...
- the feeling of sinking into a warm ocean (yup, it's gotta be really warm for me to love this one!)
- the feeling of working on a project, a presentation, a problem and 'getting it' - the way forward, the next step
- the feeling of digging in the warm soil and planting my garden
- listening to absolutely nothing in the desert
- sitting in the sunshine inside on a cold winter day
- curling up with a trashy novel and a cup of coffee
- remembering to take a breath...

and yes,
driving with the windows down and the music blaring... even if I have to pump the heating up in the car so as not to freeze...

How about you?

No comments: