Monday, April 26, 2010

minimalism spurred on by daffodil

What a lovely day today... and since the weather is supposed to be less than wonderful for the next two days - a return to cooler spring weather - I decided to pick some daffodils and tulips and bring them inside.

After putting a lovely daffodil in a vase and bringing it up to the bedroom it struck me how much lovelier this flower would look if the space around it were empty... and there we have it again. I felt almost angry at the stuff around the daffodil, distracting the eye from its loveliness... and once again I feel that I am on the right path, getting rid of things. I might never even want to participate in the 100-thing challenge (although I find myself strangely obsessed with the stories of those that manage it) but I will continue to rid our home of things that are really only in the way of the life we want to live...

...and I give thanks to the lovely daffodil for re-igniting in me the urge to purge :o)

I'm off to find some stuff to give away!

No comments: