Thursday, November 27, 2008

Christmas gifts...

As I scour the web and various blogs for ideas on "making" and celebrating Christmas, one idea that has me fascinated was the following. I found it on

http://www.stephmodo.com/

and she referenced http://dandeedesigns.blogspot.com

Visit both if you get the chance since they have lovely blogs.

The idea is as follows: Instead of going nuts buying various presents for everyone (in particular the kids), you follow this little mantra:
Something to to wear
Something to read
Something they want
Something they need...

That's it.

Now to see whether I can do this... I admit in advance that my kids will probably get more that one thing they want... and yet... I really do like the idea... Of course, the other thought running through my mind is how I would feel if that's what I got... hmmm... something to wear (good thing this isn't coupled with need because I need something new to wear like I need a hole in the head... but sure)... Something to read (always)... Something I want (hmmmm what could that be? Better choose wisely if it's only gonna be one! LOL) and something I need (chocolate perhaps? )

Ideas anyone?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Santa wants to know - have you been nice?

Anonymous said...

Hm, it's a very good idea, but ....
.something to wear - I have same dilemma you have - too much to wear already,'
. something to read - there are too many books on my list
. something I want - chocolate, but I can't eat it - so there!
. total health - which only God can give.
That's why I would go back to the old system .... let Santa decide
Love, Mutti